Old 05-27-2012, 03:00 PM
NRL

Default The new F17 file system

Hi,

I'm going to do a clean install of F17 and was wondering about the new
file system. I'm installing it onto a new hard drive. Since I'm doing a
clean install is there a way to not install or remove the Symlinks in
the new / directory layout? I see no need to have them. Will F17 run
without them? I only ask because it would make a cleaner and neater file
system. In no way does it bother me to have them. I'm just curious.

Norman

Old 05-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 27.05.2012 17:00, schrieb NRL:
> I'm going to do a clean install of F17 and was wondering about the new file system. I'm installing it onto a new
> hard drive. Since I'm doing a clean install is there a way to not install or remove the Symlinks in the new /
> directory layout?

why?

> I see no need to have them

remove them and you will see with broken system and software all over the place
there are thousands of scriipts starting with "#!/bin/basg" as one example

> Will F17 run without them?

no and even if you will not be able to run
third party sofwtare for many years without them

Old 05-27-2012, 03:14 PM
NRL

Thanks for your response.

That makes sense. I kinda figured that but did not know.

Tuesday can't come fast enough.

On 05/27/2012 11:03 AM, Reindl Harald