Old 05-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Sam Varshavchik

Default HP Laserjet P1006 - no errors, no output

Somebody didn't need this printer, I grabbed it, and plugged it in.

Fedora recognized it, and installed a Foomatic driver for it.

When I attempt to print a test page, everything "seems" to work on the
software side. A job shows up in a print queue, for a few seconds, then
Fedora tells me that the job printed succesfully, and the job disappears off
the queue.

But the printer stays absolutely silent.

I see absolutely nothing useful in /var/log/cups. access_log claims success:

localhost - root [25/May/2012:22:45:11 -0400] "POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1" 200
24757 CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer successful-ok
localhost - - [25/May/2012:22:45:16 -0400] "POST /printers/HP-LaserJet-P1006
HTTP/1.1" 200 458 Print-Job successful-ok

Despite what anything says here, the printer just sleeps, doing nothing. It
never shows any indication that it's getting a print job.

So, where do I go from here? Hate to throw this printer away, but
Fedora/CUPS is refusing to cooperate.