Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Lawrence Graves

Default Gnome-rpd

Is anyone having trouble using gnome-rdp. I get an error message that
says: getaddressinfo can't find name or something to that affect. Anyway
it is not working. Is there a fix out there or will I have to wait until
final release candidate.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Lawrence Graves wrote:
> Is anyone having trouble using gnome-rdp. I get an error message that
> says: getaddressinfo can't find name or something to that affect. Anyway
> it is not working. Is there a fix out there or will I have to wait until
> final release candidate.

The version of gnome-rdp in Fedora is old. You could either file an RFE
bug to update gnome-rdp or find another remote desktop viewer such as
Remmina (or use rdesktop directly).

# yum install remmina

Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Lawrence Graves

Is anyone having trouble using gnome-rdp. I get an error message that
says: getaddressinfo can't find name or something to that affect. Anyway
it is not working. Is there a fix out there or will I have to wait until
final release candidate.

The version of gnome-rdp in Fedora is old. You could either file an RFE
bug to update gnome-rdp or find another remote desktop viewer such as
Remmina (or use rdesktop directly).

# yum install remmina
I tried remmina and it does not work either. I am still getting the
error report. Unless I am setting it up wrong.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Lawrence Graves wrote:
> I tried remmina and it does not work either. I am still getting the
> error report. Unless I am setting it up wrong.

What kind of remote system are you connecting to? Windows? Linux? RDP? VNC?

What address are you using? DNS host name? IP address?

Remember these kinds of questions in future help requests as a post
about a vague error message and "please help app XYZ is broke" is hard
to diagnose.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 01:33:18PM -0600, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> Is anyone having trouble using gnome-rdp. I get an error message
> that says: getaddressinfo can't find name or something to that
> affect. Anyway it is not working. Is there a fix out there or will I
> have to wait until final release candidate.

I've been using xfreerdp for a long time without trouble.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/