Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Reindl Harald

Default Can't compile kernel modules for VMware Player on F16

Am 24.05.2012 18:12, schrieb Jon Ingason:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile new kernel modules for VMware Player version 4.0.3.703057 on F16 with new kernel. I succeded
> to compile kernel modules on some previous kernels, 3.1.x or 3.2.x, but fail to compile them for kernel 3.3.x.
>
> I have google for this but have not found a solution and are wandering if someone on this list has had any luck
> compiling kernel modules for VMware Player 4.0.3.x for kernel 3.3.x?

http://access.thelounge.net/harry/usr-lib-vmware-modules-source.tar.bz2
replace the "-" with "/" to find out the real path
dunno now where i found the patch months ago (also needed for 3.2 and still working)

patched sources from my running installation
AFAIR even the patch itself contained
VMware Player is included and also installed in the Workstation Software

VMwareWorkstation 8.0.3 doe snot fix the compile issues
so i had to backup and move back this working ones after update
_________________________________

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ uname -r
3.3.7-1.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 22 13:59:39 UTC 2012

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ vmrun
Total running VMs: 4
/mnt/data/fileserver/vmware/centos/centos.vmx
/mnt/data/fileserver/vmware/Buildserver64/config.vmx
/mnt/data/fileserver/vmware/testserver/config.vmx
/mnt/data/fileserver/vmware/arrakis/arrakis.vmx

Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Jon Ingason

I am trying to compile new kernel modules for VMware Player version 4.0.3.703057 on F16 with new kernel. I succeded
to compile kernel modules on some previous kernels, 3.1.x or 3.2.x, but fail to compile them for kernel 3.3.x.

I have google for this but have not found a solution and are wandering if someone on this list has had any luck
compiling kernel modules for VMware Player 4.0.3.x for kernel 3.3.x?

http://access.thelounge.net/harry/usr-lib-vmware-modules-source.tar.bz2
replace the "-" with "/" to find out the real path
dunno now where i found the patch months ago (also needed for 3.2 and still working)

Thank it works now.

--
Regards
Jon Ingason