-   -   fedora main edition (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/670135-fedora-main-edition.html)

Frank Murphy 05-23-2012 04:35 PM

fedora main edition

On 23/05/12 17:36, Osmanys Fuentes Lomba wrote:

Hi community, one question: why the main edition of Fedora is with
Gnome desktop????? the KDE desktop is for me a better choice, what do
you think about??

Then download and use the KDE Desktop,
yum install @kde-desktop.
or use the KDE LiveCD

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Osmanys Fuentes Lomba 05-23-2012 04:36 PM

fedora main edition

--
10 de octubre del 2012: Aniversario 65 de la UO
http://simbolodevida.uniblog.uo.edu.cu

Greg Woods 05-23-2012 04:39 PM

fedora main edition

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 12:36 -0400, Osmanys Fuentes Lomba wrote:
> Hi community, one question: why the main edition of Fedora is with
> Gnome desktop?????

You will find after not much time on this list that this is a religious
issue. I suspect the real reason is that many (but by no means all) of
the Fedora developers are Red Hat employees, and Red Hat is also a
primary contributor to Gnome development. That said, as no doubt many
others will chime in to say, there is nothing preventing you from using
one of several other supported desktop environments, including KDE, with
Fedora. I think it's great that we have several choices.

--Greg