Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Solution to Evolution indexing problems

Recently I requested a solution to an Evolution indexing problem. When
the standardly suggested solutions did not work I realized that a final
solution existed that worked. Before I installed F16 I backed up all
Evolution data using the option under File. So restoring the backup
solved the problem. It seems to me if one could periodically back up the
Evolution data to prevent having to deal with things like the indexing
problem. The down side is of course you loose some mail in the process.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 09:56 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Recently I requested a solution to an Evolution indexing problem. When
> the standardly suggested solutions did not work I realized that a final
> solution existed that worked. Before I installed F16 I backed up all
> Evolution data using the option under File. So restoring the backup
> solved the problem. It seems to me if one could periodically back up the
> Evolution data to prevent having to deal with things like the indexing
> problem. The down side is of course you loose some mail in the process.

So not actually a solution then.

(BTW the word you want is "lose"; "loose" means something else).

poc

Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 11:47 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 09:56 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Recently I requested a solution to an Evolution indexing problem. When
> > the standardly suggested solutions did not work I realized that a final
> > solution existed that worked. Before I installed F16 I backed up all
> > Evolution data using the option under File. So restoring the backup
> > solved the problem. It seems to me if one could periodically back up the
> > Evolution data to prevent having to deal with things like the indexing
> > problem. The down side is of course you loose some mail in the process.
>
> So not actually a solution then.
>
> (BTW the word you want is "lose"; "loose" means something else).
>
> poc

You are right about lose and the defect in the solution. I tried a
number of alternative solutions first including the one you suggested
and evolution got worse and worse in terms of it index display. I just
could not stand that Inbox had n real unread messages and 66 unread
messages that I could not see.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Nolan

Recently I requested a solution to an Evolution indexing problem. When
the standardly suggested solutions did not work I realized that a final
solution existed that worked. Before I installed F16 I backed up all
Evolution data using the option under File. So restoring the backup
solved the problem. It seems to me if one could periodically back up the
Evolution data to prevent having to deal with things like the indexing
problem. The down side is of course you loose some mail in the process.

So not actually a solution then.

(BTW the word you want is "lose"; "loose" means something else).

poc

No, "loose' was a good word, the emails in question
were out running around in the wild. As in not on his harddrive.
Therefore they were "loose".

:-P

Nolan