Old 05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Neil Bird

Default empathy auth. error with facebook and google talk

I thought I'd try to get the gnome-shell IM stuff working (on my
upgraded-to F16 box), and I believe I need to configure empathy for this.

However, whenever I put my credentials in for either Google Talk or
Facebook I get an “authentication error”. I know the passwords are correct;
a google around the subject seems to point the finger at SSl certificate
problems, but they're all old references and the solutions don't seem to apply.

Anyone any thoughts as to what I could look at?

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature