Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 PM
antonio montagnani

Default Package ode for Octave

Where can I find the odepkg rpm for Octave. Any idea??

Tnx
--
Antonio Montagnani
Fedora 17 Beta

Old 05-20-2012, 05:54 AM
antonio montagnani

Il 19/05/2012 23:11, antonio montagnani ha scritto:

Where can I find the odepkg rpm for Octave. Any idea??

Tnx

Just for clarification:

1) this package is a package for solving ordinary differential equations
and more.

2) can't be installed from user inside octave by command pkg install

3) it is already available at leat for Debian/Ubuntu

--
Antonio Montagnani
Fedora 17 Beta

Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM
antonio montagnani

Where can I find the odepkg rpm for Octave. Any idea??

Tnx

Just for clarification:

1) this package is a package for solving ordinary differential equations
and more.

2) can't be installed from user inside octave by command pkg install

3) it is already available at leat for Debian/Ubuntu

if i try to install by hand I get:

[PkgManager:ackageChangeInstallState] Item clicked
[PkgManager::downloadAndInstall()] 1 packages changed. 1 to install. 0
to remove.
[OctaveBind::readyStdErr()] configure: error: in
`/tmp/oct-IZFS19/odepkg-0.6.10/src':

[OctaveBind::readyStdErr()] configure: error: C compiler cannot create
executables

See `config.log' for more details.

[OctaveBind::readyStdErr()] the configure script returned the following
error: checking for gcc... gcc

checking whether the C compiler works... no

[OctaveBind::readyStdErr()] error: called from `pkg>configure_make' in
file /usr/share/octave/3.6.1/m/pkg/pkg.m near line 1372, column 9

error: called from:
error: /usr/share/octave/3.6.1/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 826, column 5

[OctaveBind::readyStdErr()] error: /usr/share/octave/3.6.1/m/pkg/pkg.m
at line 383, column 9

[OctaveBind::finished()] Octave process has finished

--
Antonio Montagnani
Fedora 17 Beta

Old 05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Frank Murphy

Where can I find the odepkg rpm for Octave. Any idea??

Tnx

yum info octave

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Antonio M

Where can I find the odepkg rpm for Octave. Any idea??

Tnx

yum info octave

Frank

"Jack of all, fubars"

Octave is already installed, what I am trying to install is an additional package.
Addtional available package in repo are:
octave-control
octave-gsl
octave-image

octave-miscellaneous
octave-octcdf
octave-optim
octave-quaternion
octave-signal
octave-spectrum
octave-struct
octave-symbolic

but octave-ode is missing (and in my opinion it might be the most interesting)

Tnx for help

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Linux Fedora 16 Verne

Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Frank Murphy

but octave-ode is missing (and in my opinion it might be the most
interesting)

Tnx for help

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

It was part of octave-forge, last built for Fedora 15.
It may work on Fedora 16?

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
antonio montagnani

but octave-ode is missing (and in my opinion it might be the most
interesting)

Tnx for help

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

It was part of octave-forge, last built for Fedora 15.
It may work on Fedora 16?

I think that it should be rebuilt for F16 and next F17 ;-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Fedora 17 Beta

Old 05-20-2012, 06:37 PM
antonio montagnani

but octave-ode is missing (and in my opinion it might be the most
interesting)

Tnx for help

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

It was part of octave-forge, last built for Fedora 15.
It may work on Fedora 16?

in F17 it doesn't install!!!

--
Antonio Montagnani