-   -   Saving screenshots to vectorized PDF's using Gtk3, Cairo & Webkit stopped working on F17 beta (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/668218-saving-screenshots-vectorized-pdfs-using-gtk3-cairo-webkit-stopped-working-f17-beta.html)

ōyvind Skaar 05-18-2012 01:36 PM

Saving screenshots to vectorized PDF's using Gtk3, Cairo & Webkit stopped working on F17 beta

Hi all,

I'm trying to grab some vectorized screenshots of web-pages using Gtk3,
Webkit & Cairo, but I cant get it to behave on Fedora 17 beta.

Got it working on two F16 machines, but it fails on both the F17
machines I've tried.

I get my PDF files, but their just PNG images wrapped in PDF and not
vectorized.

As far as I can tell PDF is support is compiled into Cairo, and
"CAIRO_HAS_PDF_SURFACE" == 1 [1]

This simple Cairo example works as well:
"PDF file" -
http://zetcode.com/tutorials/cairographicstutorial/cairobackends/

Unfortunately I don't know enough about this to create a really small
example, but potyl's screenshot.c is pretty small:

https://github.com/potyl/Webkit/blob/master/screenshot.c

I'm expecting something like this to produce "real" PDF's:

git clone "https://github.com/potyl/Webkit.git"
cd Webkit
make screenshot
Xvfb ":99" -screen 0 200x200x24 &
DISPLAY=":99" ./screenshot "http://www.google.com"

Seems like Gtk3 was upgrade between f16 & 17, could it affect this?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ýs

[1] - http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-PDF-Surfaces.html