Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Pete Stieber

Default problem with subversion python bindings

Just updated a Fedora 15 box and this updated

subversion-libs-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
mod_dav_svn-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
subversion-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64

Now my post-commit hook to send mail doesn't work because it can't
import svn.fs. Any simple python code like...

#!/usr/bin/env python

import svn.fs

Can't find the subversion python bindings...

$ ./Junk.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./Junk.py", line 3, in <module>
import svn.fs
ImportError: No module named svn.fs

What can I do to fix this?

Pete

Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Pete Stieber

Just updated a Fedora 15 box and this updated

subversion-libs-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
mod_dav_svn-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
subversion-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64

Now my post-commit hook to send mail doesn't work because it can't
import svn.fs. Any simple python code like...

#!/usr/bin/env python

import svn.fs

Can't find the subversion python bindings...

$ ./Junk.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./Junk.py", line 3, in <module>
import svn.fs
ImportError: No module named svn.fs

What can I do to fix this?

Just upgraded from 14 to 15 yesterday and the python bindings are now in
a separate rpm. Needed to use:

yum install subversion-python

Pete

Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 PM
David

On 5/16/2012 12:04 PM, Pete Stieber wrote:
> On 5/16/2012 8:49 AM, Pete Stieber wrote:
>> Just updated a Fedora 15 box and this updated
>>
>> subversion-libs-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
>> mod_dav_svn-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
>> subversion-1.6.18-1.fc15.x86_64
>>
>> Now my post-commit hook to send mail doesn't work because it can't
>> import svn.fs. Any simple python code like...
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>>
>> import svn.fs
>>
>> Can't find the subversion python bindings...
>>
>> $ ./Junk.py
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "./Junk.py", line 3, in <module>
>> import svn.fs
>> ImportError: No module named svn.fs
>>
>> What can I do to fix this?
>
> Just upgraded from 14 to 15 yesterday and the python bindings are now in
> a separate rpm. Needed to use:
>
> yum install subversion-python

Why would you update an EOL Fedora release to a Fedora release that will
be EOL in about a month from now?

--

David