Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Alexander Volovics

Default uvcvideo driver and Z-Star Microelectronics device

Anybody have experience with newer Z-Star Microelectronics devices
and the uvcvideo driver?

I have a Z-Star 0ac8:c449 in a Lenovo PC.

It is recognized by the kernel (Fed17beta TC5) at boot:
[ 9.453984] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device Integrated Camera
(0ac8:c449)
[ 9.456016] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

But when I use Cheese to make a video it doesn't work and I get
the following warnings:
** (cheese:1539): WARNING **: Could not get buffers from device
'/dev/video0'.
** (cheese:1539): WARNING **: Could not map buffers from device
'/dev/video0'
** (cheese:1539): WARNING **: Could not negotiate format

Is this a bug in Cheese or can't uvcvideo negociate the device?

I would appreciate any help as my knowledge of both webcams and
Cheese is nonexistent.

Alexander