Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default I can't connect to localhost:630

I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't connect to
localhost:630 from my web browser. iptables is disabled so I can't
figure out why this connection fails. Any ideas out there?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Steven Stern

Do you mean http://localhost:631 for CUPS?

--
-- Steve

Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Jorge Fábregas

On 05/14/2012 03:59 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I can't connect to localhost:630 from my web browser

Check whether CUPS is running:

ps -ef | grep cupsd

If not then:

service cupsd start
or
systemctl start cupsd.service

HTH,
Jorge

Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 14.05.2012 21:59, schrieb Aaron Konstam:
> I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't connect to
> localhost:630 from my web browser. iptables is disabled so I can't
> figure out why this connection fails. Any ideas out there?

it would be nice to tell us what service you are
thinking is running on your local machine on
port 630?

what says "netstat --numeric-ports --notrim --programs -t -l"

Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 14.05.2012 21:59, schrieb Aaron Konstam:
> I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't connect to
> localhost:630 from my web browser. iptables is disabled so I can't
> figure out why this connection fails. Any ideas out there?

ok, as others statet it seems you are trying to connect
to CUPS - 630 is the wrong port, use 631

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/services | grep ipp
ipp 631/tcp # Internet Printing Protocol

AND PLEASE enable iptables!
localhost is usually NOT affected by iptables and it is
a really really bad idea to disable packet filters
especially if you are using your machine with a direct
internet connection like UMTS or without a router in front

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
JD

I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't connect to
localhost:630 from my web browser. iptables is disabled so I can't
figure out why this connection fails. Any ideas out there?

Do you have a daemon listening to port 630?
Is it running?
Also, run
iptables -L -n

to see just what the current rules are, if any!