Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Martin Garton

Default fedora 17 and gnome shell software rendering

Hi,

Since gnome shell now supports software rendering in F17 (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome_shell_software_rendering), is it considered a bug if fallback mode is still used on some hardware when running F17 beta?

How do I know whether my hardware is supposed to be supported or not?
Thanks.

--
Martin Garton.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Rex Dieter

Martin Garton wrote:

> Since gnome shell now supports software rendering in F17 (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome_shell_software_rendering),
> is it considered a bug if fallback mode is still used on some hardware
> when running F17 beta?

Not 100% of hardware and drivers support software rendering, but at least
radeon/nouveau drivers should though.

-- rex

Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 22:33 +0100, Martin Garton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since gnome shell now supports software rendering in F17 (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome_shell_software_rendering), is
> it considered a bug if fallback mode is still used on some hardware when
> running F17 beta?
>
> How do I know whether my hardware is supposed to be supported or not?

You could ask on the Test list, which is where F17 issues are discussed.
The User list is for current-supported released versions (F15 and F16 at
the moment).

poc