Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Frank Murphy

Default F16 Default Plytouth Theme?

I have been changing themes over the past 6 mths.
Can't remember the Theme that was default on first uses?

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 11 May 2012 17:16:58 +0100, FM (Frank) wrote:

> I have been changing themes over the past 6 mths.
> Can't remember the Theme that was default on first uses?

# plymouth-set-default-theme
charge
# plymouth-set-default-theme details
# plymouth-set-default-theme
details
# plymouth-set-default-theme --reset
# plymouth-set-default-theme
charge

# plymouth-set-default-theme --list
charge
details
text

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.4-5.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.04 0.05

Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Sam Varshavchik

Michael Schwendt writes:

# plymouth-set-default-theme --list
charge
details
text

charge is the default theme, for anyone who cares.

Except, apparently, if you choose to foist upon yourself Nvidia's binary
blob, which appears not to like plymouth, very much, so you get text as the
default theme until the blob wakes up and takes over X. At least that was
the story with a laptop sent me by a well-known vendor of preloaded Linux
systems. It took me all of 20 minutes before I finally got fed up with the
horrible mess of an F16 I got, and decided not to waste any more time
figuring out why network setup kept whining that the wireless network
configuration is "incompatible" or something, and refused to touch it.

Clean reinstall, nouveau, FTW.