Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Default What steps to have sound working.(solved)

Em 11-05-2012 11:35, ny6p01@gmail.com escreveu:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:06:01AM -0300, Luc??lio Gomes de Freitas wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, this is an old page.
>>> gnome-sound-properties is (actually, USED to be)
>>> part of conrol-center rpm package.
>>> Perhaps it has not been part of control-center for
>>> quite some time.
>>> However, rest of the page might be relevant.
>>> I wonder if Bryn has something to say about the
>>> steps outlined on that page.
>>>

>> Thank you all for your attention,
>>
>> I read all sugestions but couldn't solve the problem yet. I work with
>> KDE. May be reinstalling ALSA could work?
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Have you opened up alsamixer in a terminal and checked that no channels are
> muted? A muted channel will have "MM" at the bottom. Press "M" to unmute.
> Also check that your soundcard device is selected properly (you can do this
> from alsamixer, as well).
>
> I'm sure some may have some more technical suggestions, but this is a common
> one that is easy to correct.
>
> Terry

Hi Terry,

You are terrible, Problem solved. I am happy to be presented to
alsamixer. I have no idea why it changed to "MM".

The sound is working now. Thank you Terry and thanks everybody for the
attention.

--
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas
ETFCSF=> U.G.F.=> P.U.C.(RJ)

Old 05-11-2012, 04:57 PM

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:38:36PM -0300, Luc?lio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
> Em 11-05-2012 11:35, ny6p01@gmail.com escreveu:

> >> Thank you all for your attention,
> >>
> >> I read all sugestions but couldn't solve the problem yet. I work with
> >> KDE. May be reinstalling ALSA could work?
> >>
> >> Any idea?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> > Have you opened up alsamixer in a terminal and checked that no channels are
> > muted? A muted channel will have "MM" at the bottom. Press "M" to unmute.
> > Also check that your soundcard device is selected properly (you can do this
> > from alsamixer, as well).
> >
> > I'm sure some may have some more technical suggestions, but this is a common
> > one that is easy to correct.
> >
> > Terry
> >

> Hi Terry,
>
> You are terrible, Problem solved. I am happy to be presented to
> alsamixer. I have no idea why it changed to "MM".
>
> The sound is working now. Thank you Terry and thanks everybody for the
> attention.

You're welcome, Lucilio. That's the first thing I check when I have a
problem with sound. Damn thing has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Terry