Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default Annoying yum message

When I try to update yum, I often get the following message
(many times):
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
The other application is: yum-updatesd-he

I usually just "kill -9" the other app.
But is there any other way of dealing with this?
Could I safely kill yum-updatesd permanently?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net