FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"
 
Default "Power off" is coming back!

The "Power off" item is returning to the shell menu. Hurray!

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=675802#c9

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/SystemStopRestart#Design_Updates

- Mike



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"
 
Default "Power off" is coming back!

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:52:05AM -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> The "Power off" item is returning to the shell menu. Hurray!
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=675802#c9
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/SystemStopRestart#Design_Updates

There's already a shell extension [1] that enables this now.

[1] gnome-shell-extension-alternative-status-menu

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer @ Red Hat, Inc.
Delivering value year after year.
Red Hat ranks #1 in value among software vendors.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"
 
Default "Power off" is coming back!

On 05/11/2012 09:09 AM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:52:05AM -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:

The "Power off" item is returning to the shell menu. Hurray!


There's already a shell extension [1] that enables this now.


I know, but I've had issues with it over time. Maybe they're fixed now,
but in the past that extension caused the dreaded "Oh no, something has
gone wrong" crash on my systems. And the process for enabling extensions
has been just plain weird (maybe it is easier now).


I avoid extensions now.

- Mike



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Ian Malone
 
Default "Power off" is coming back!

On 11 May 2012 14:29, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc@avtechpulse.com> wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 09:09 AM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:52:05AM -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>>>
>>> The "Power off" item is returning to the shell menu. Hurray!
>>
>>
>> There's already a shell extension [1] that enables this now.
>
>
> I know, but I've had issues with it over time. Maybe they're fixed now, but
> in the past that extension caused the dreaded "Oh no, something has gone
> wrong" crash on my systems. And the process for enabling extensions has been
> just plain weird (maybe it is easier now).
>

That's odd, might have been worth filing as a bug as it probably
indicates a deeper problem. I've been using the shutdown extension
pretty much since the first day I saw Gnome3. Good to hear they're
listening to feedback (eventually) anyway.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org