Old 05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Martín Marqués

Default totem hangs on startup

I just finished upgrading from F15->F16 and I noticed that when ever I
start totem y hangs (a video hang) immediately.

For example, if I start it with a video (avi for example) all the
window hangs but the audio gets played OK. Same video works OK on
another F16 I have on my desktop computer (exact same version of
totem).

If I start totem without a video, I can't access the menu, as it is
too hanged. Can't close it either. I have to kill the window.

Already tried removing conf files (.gconf/, .gnome2/, etc.).

Any thoughts?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador

Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Paul Allen Newell

I just finished upgrading from F15->F16 and I noticed that when ever I
start totem y hangs (a video hang) immediately.

For example, if I start it with a video (avi for example) all the
window hangs but the audio gets played OK. Same video works OK on
another F16 I have on my desktop computer (exact same version of
totem).

If I start totem without a video, I can't access the menu, as it is
too hanged. Can't close it either. I have to kill the window.

Already tried removing conf files (.gconf/, .gnome2/, etc.).

Any thoughts?

Martín:

For what it is worth, I migrated from F14 to F16 under Xfce and had
problems with Totem. Advice from this list was switch to smplayer and/or
vlc. I'm quite happy with the advice I got. Any and all bugs I have with
Totem never got addressed, let alone commented on ... including F14
under Gnome.

Paul

Old 05-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Martín Marqués

2012/5/12 Paul Allen Newell <pnewell@cs.cmu.edu>:
> On 5/11/2012 8:13 AM, Martín Marqués wrote:
>>
>> I just finished upgrading from F15->F16 and I noticed that when ever I
>> start totem y hangs (a video hang) immediately.
>>
>> For example, if I start it with a video (avi for example) all the
>> window hangs but the audio gets played OK. Same video works OK on
>> another F16 I have on my desktop computer (exact same version of
>> totem).
>>
>> If I start totem without a video, I can't access the menu, as it is
>> too hanged. Can't close it either. I have to kill the window.
>>
>> Already tried removing conf files (.gconf/, .gnome2/, etc.).
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
> Martín:
>
> For what it is worth, I migrated from F14 to F16 under Xfce and had problems
> with Totem. Advice from this list was switch to smplayer and/or vlc. I'm
> quite happy with the advice I got. Any and all bugs I have with Totem never
> got addressed, let alone commented on ... including F14 under Gnome.

Pretty crappy advice they gave you, IMHO!

I am using gnome-mplayer (I didn't like so much dragon player) so it's
not that I have too much of a problem now, but I was used to totem,
and now it doesn't work (but does on my home computer, same version).