Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
John Aldrich

Default KDE 4.9

Anyone know when KDE 4.9 will be released in Fedora? Will that be in
F16 or F17? I'm anxious to know because a major "glitch" in KMail is
supposedly fixed in 4.9, and I'd like to get my hands on it. OTOH,
I'm not so anxious as to add updates-testing to my YUM. I'll let
someone ELSE be the "guinea pig"

Just curious to know if I'll have to wait for F17 or if F16 will
eventually be updated to KDE 4.9. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
John Aldrich

Disregard... I just went and saw that the F17 release is supposed to
happen in a few days, so I guess that answers my question about KDE
4.9 and F16.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Bill Davidsen

John Aldrich wrote:

Disregard... I just went and saw that the F17 release is supposed to happen in a
few days, so I guess that answers my question about KDE 4.9 and F16.

I don't see it in updates-testing for 16, for what that's worth. And if you're
up for building it yourself I'd be tempted to suggest a VM first.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Mike Chambers

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 14:01 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> John Aldrich wrote:
> > Disregard... I just went and saw that the F17 release is supposed to happen in a
> > few days, so I guess that answers my question about KDE 4.9 and F16.
>
> I don't see it in updates-testing for 16, for what that's worth. And if you're
> up for building it yourself I'd be tempted to suggest a VM first.

4.8.3 is the KDE version in F17, not 4.9.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"

Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Rex Dieter

John Aldrich wrote:

> Anyone know when KDE 4.9 will be released in Fedora? Will that be in
> F16 or F17?

We (fedora's kde team) generally do one major kde update per fedora release,
which means only f17+ will likely see any kde-4.9.x (officially). depending
on how testing and bugs shake out, the process usually means we don't ship
any .0 releases, so 4.9.1 will likely be the earliest. According to:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule
that will hit the streets approximately Oct 2, 2012.

> I'm anxious to know because a major "glitch" in KMail is
> supposedly fixed in 4.9

mind sharing more detail what the glitch is for you? we could look into if
there's anything that can be done in the 4.8 timeframe instead.

-- rex