Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 AM
JD

Default Weird behavior of Desktop Env

On FC16, with all latest updates.
My session is XFCE4.

Until a couple of days ago, XFCE was working just fine.
Suddenly, without any provocation from me, (nor new packages
installed, no packages deleted) - I am getting 2 different sets of
panels.
One set of panels is that of Gnome - on top is the launch bar,
and on bottom is the task switcher bar.

I also have the xfce4 panels, which are on right (launch bar) and
on left, task switcher bar.

How can I stop this insanity?

I am starting to get very paranoid about F16 that it may have been
shipped fully equipped with a trojan.

This, in addition to what I have been seeking help for - no audio
for media players. Only Firefox can play online YT videos and
audio works then.

I am indeed on the verge of completely dumping FC16. It has
been a very frustrating experience.