Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Default What steps to have sound working.

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 02:00:32PM -0300, Luc?lio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody could give the steps to have sound working on KDE Fedora?
> $ uname -r ====> 3.3.4-3.fc16.x86_64
> Installed ====> alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.x86_64
>
> Today I have image but no sound? Any help? How to test it, to find the
> problem?
>
> Ps1. It used to work ok, but there is a long time I don't use it, now I
> have to use the sound.
> Ps2. I did not change any hardware.
>
> Thanks,

I assume you are talking about Flash in your browser? If you haven't used it
in a while, chances are you need to upgrade your flash plugin. I would do
that first.

Terry

Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

--
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas
ETFCSF=> U.G.F.=> P.U.C.(RJ)

Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Wilfredo Porta

If you really mean Flash player, I used to have the same issue. Turned out to be pulseaudio the issue. Try removing it and reboot and try again. Also, what version of flash-player do you have?
Wilfredo

Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Ankur Sinha

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 14:00 -0300, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
> Today I have image but no sound? Any help? How to test it, to find
> the
> problem?

This page has tips that correct the most commonly occurring issues:

http://fedoraunity.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds

--
Thanks,
Regards,

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 PM
JD

Today I have image but no sound? Any help? How to test it, to find
the
problem?

This page has tips that correct the most commonly occurring issues:

http://fedoraunity.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds

Unfortunately, this is an old
page.

gnome-sound-properties is (actually, USED to be)

part of conrol-center rpm package.

Perhaps it has not been part of control-center for

quite some time.

However, rest of the page might be relevant.

I wonder if Bryn has something to say about the

steps outlined on that page.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Em 10-05-2012 19:10, JD escreveu:
> On 05/10/2012 06:09 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 14:00 -0300, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
>>> Today I have image but no sound? Any help? How to test it, to find
>>> the
>>> problem?
>> This page has tips that correct the most commonly occurring issues:
>>
>> http://fedoraunity.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds
>>

> Unfortunately, this is an old page.
> gnome-sound-properties is (actually, USED to be)
> part of conrol-center rpm package.
> Perhaps it has not been part of control-center for
> quite some time.
> However, rest of the page might be relevant.
> I wonder if Bryn has something to say about the
> steps outlined on that page.

Thank you all for your attention,

I read all sugestions but couldn't solve the problem yet. I work with
KDE. May be reinstalling ALSA could work?

Any idea?

Thanks

Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:06:01AM -0300, Luc??lio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
> Em 10-05-2012 19:10, JD escreveu:
> >> This page has tips that correct the most commonly occurring issues:
> >>
> >> http://fedoraunity.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds
> >>

> > Unfortunately, this is an old page.
> > gnome-sound-properties is (actually, USED to be)
> > part of conrol-center rpm package.
> > Perhaps it has not been part of control-center for
> > quite some time.
> > However, rest of the page might be relevant.
> > I wonder if Bryn has something to say about the
> > steps outlined on that page.
> >

> Thank you all for your attention,
>
> I read all sugestions but couldn't solve the problem yet. I work with
> KDE. May be reinstalling ALSA could work?
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks

Have you opened up alsamixer in a terminal and checked that no channels are
muted? A muted channel will have "MM" at the bottom. Press "M" to unmute.
Also check that your soundcard device is selected properly (you can do this
from alsamixer, as well).

I'm sure some may have some more technical suggestions, but this is a common
one that is easy to correct.

Terry--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org