-   -   I need help stting up a smart card login (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/664558-i-need-help-stting-up-smart-card-login.html)

John Wendel 05-09-2012 03:42 AM

I need help stting up a smart card login

F16 with latest updates - Dell smart card reader keyboard

Problem: I can't get smart card login working

I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces installed. The card can be read by
several command line utilities (can't rember their names at the moment).

[1] escd, pcscd running
[2] Smart card works fine in Firefox
[3] GDM doesn't use smart card for login
[4] Running Smart Card Manager throws error dialogs

dialog 1: Can't get UniversalXPConnect.TypeError:
Components.classes['@redhat.com/rhCoolKey;1'] is undefined

dialog 2: coolkey.GetAvailableCoolKeys() failed! undefined(undefined)
dialog 3: e TypeError: Components.classes['@redhat.com/rhTray;1']
is undefined

Smart card manager window opens

SMART CARD DIAGNOSTICS REPORT

***Software Version Information***

Smart Card Manager Version: null
System Versions: mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux i686; rv:12.0)
gecko/20100101 esc/1.1.0-15

***Active Smart Card Details***

Number of Smart Cards Detected: 0

***Smart Card Activity***
No log file or log file has no data.

dialog 4: Can't get UniversalXPConnect.TypeError: netkey is undefined

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

John

Ed Greshko 05-09-2012 03:59 AM

On 05/09/2012 11:42 AM, John Wendel wrote:
> F16 with latest updates - Dell smart card reader keyboard
>
> Problem: I can't get smart card login working
>
> I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces installed. The card can be read by several
> command line utilities (can't rember their names at the moment).
>
> [1] escd, pcscd running
> [2] Smart card works fine in Firefox
> [3] GDM doesn't use smart card for login
> [4] Running Smart Card Manager throws error dialogs
>
> dialog 1: Can't get UniversalXPConnect.TypeError:
> Components.classes['@redhat.com/rhCoolKey;1'] is undefined
> dialog 2: coolkey.GetAvailableCoolKeys() failed! undefined(undefined)
> dialog 3: e TypeError: Components.classes['@redhat.com/rhTray;1'] is undefined
>
> Smart card manager window opens
>
> SMART CARD DIAGNOSTICS REPORT
>
> ***Software Version Information***
>
> Smart Card Manager Version: null
> System Versions: mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux i686; rv:12.0) gecko/20100101
> esc/1.1.0-15
>
> ***Active Smart Card Details***
>
> Number of Smart Cards Detected: 0
>
> ***Smart Card Activity***
> No log file or log file has no data.
>
> dialog 4: Can't get UniversalXPConnect.TypeError: netkey is undefined
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know I'm not being very helpful.... But this question never seemed to get an
answer either....

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2012-January/411824.html

But.... I did see that plugins for gdm were available for F15.... I wonder if that
will help? Maybe get the source and try to compile for F16?

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/16021715/dir/fedora_15/com/gdm-plugin-smartcard-3.0.4-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm.html

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage

John Wendel 05-09-2012 04:45 AM

[...]

Thanks Ed, I'll give it a try. But since smart card manager doesn't
work, I think the problem
is at a layer below GDM. The January post mentions opensc, I'll also
give that a try.

John