Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Martín Marqués

Default Upgrade to F16 from F15 and grub doesn't have menu

OK, got it to boot with sone instructions I found on the web:

http://techgage.com/news/repairing_a_broken_grub_2_boot-loader_on_ubuntu/

Just had to change somethings so that they looked like in my system
(devices, path to vmlinuz, etc.)

Now, how do I verify that my grub.cfg is good, and it's installed
corrctlly so that I don't have to enter all those options by hand the
next time I have to boot?

BTW, grub2-install /dev/sda works great, but grub2-probe /dev/sda
gives this error:

grub2-probe: error: cannot stat 'devtmpfs'

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador

Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 19:40 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> OK, got it to boot with sone instructions I found on the web:
>
> http://techgage.com/news/repairing_a_broken_grub_2_boot-loader_on_ubuntu/
>
> Just had to change somethings so that they looked like in my system
> (devices, path to vmlinuz, etc.)
>
> Now, how do I verify that my grub.cfg is good, and it's installed
> corrctlly so that I don't have to enter all those options by hand the
> next time I have to boot?
>
> BTW, grub2-install /dev/sda works great, but grub2-probe /dev/sda
> gives this error:
>
> grub2-probe: error: cannot stat 'devtmpfs'

I get the same error when I run the above command and my grub2 is
working normally.