Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Osmanys Fuentes Lomba

Default Size of all repository

Hi people, I want to now what is the size of the whole repository of
Fedora (16 or 17). I'm from Cuba and my connection to the internet is
very slow, I want to download or copy the whole set of applications and
later get into my computer.

Some body have any idea??

--
Universidad de Oriente.Cuba:
http://www.uo.edu.cu

Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 18:23 -0400, Osmanys Fuentes Lomba wrote:
> Hi people, I want to now what is the size of the whole repository of
> Fedora (16 or 17). I'm from Cuba and my connection to the internet is
> very slow, I want to download or copy the whole set of applications and
> later get into my computer.

Which repository? Fedora has several "official" ones and there are also
other not directly supported by the Fedora Project but providing
packages for Fedora.

This is my /etc/yum.repos.d directory (not all of these are active):

$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
adobe-linux-x86_64.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo livna-testing.repo rpmfusion-nonfree.repo
atrpms.repo google-chrome.repo local.repo rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo
bunkus-org.repo google-earth.repo remi.repo rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo
dries.repo google.repo rpmfusion-free-rawhide.repo skype.repo
dropbox.repo google-talkplugin.repo rpmfusion-free.repo virtualbox.repo
fedora-chromium.repo kde.repo rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
fedora.repo livna-devel.repo rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo
fedora-updates.repo livna.repo rpmfusion-nonfree-rawhide.repo

Each of these files typically points to several repositories (e.g.
basic, debug-info, source). However I don't know if there's a direct way
to tell how big they are.

poc