Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Martín Marqués

Default Fwd: Upgrade to F16 from F15 and grub doesn't have menu

Today I performed a yum upgrade from F15 to F16 (as I did some time
ago with my main computer).

The thing is that I did something differently (maybe not installing
grub2 on F15 before the upgrade) and after yum finished upgrading, I
did a grub2-install. Bad for me, now grub doesn't show a menu , but a
grub prompt.

Tried booting a live image (through a USB stick), and thought I had it
fixed: created a grub2.cfg file in /boot/grub2/ (from the root of the
hard drive, not the USB) and ran grub2-install
--boot-directory=/media/boot/grub2 /dev/sda. Didn't give any errors,
but didn't work. Still can't get grub2 to boot.

Any help will be appreciated

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador