Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 AM
"Jouk Jansen"

Default (fedora) gnome3 - nothing but problems (for me)

Hi all,

I was feeling the same about gnome3, until I found out that you still could
run the gnome-panel:
i.e. /usr/bin/gnome-panel --replace

Or to make it start "automatically" :
create the file ~/.config/autostart/panel.desktop with the following contents

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-panel --replace
Hidden=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name[en_US]=gnome-panel
Name=gnome-panel
Comment[en_US]=gnome-panel
Comment=gnome-panel

Jouk

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
(free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd