Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Antonio Olivares

Default X Hang when starting machine

Dear folks,

For the past week or so, I have a machine running Fedora 16 and X worked fine till a week or so ago. I have started in level 3 and relabeled everything(in case Selinux has a problem), but machine still hangs when starting up. I start in level 3 and type startx and I get Fallback mode (Gnome 3). If I start in gui mode I get a hang and cannot get to X. Sometimes I am lucky to get X. However booting with enforcing=0, X comes up with no problem.

I have relabeled filesystem two times already and this continues to happen.

Smolt Profile in case it is important

http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_6f209009-0c1d-4fe8-94e9-9dda0d19ac44

I welcome ideas suggestions and comments. I am hitting this bug on a daily basis as my students use this machine for school work and it is not working well. My students are upset at me, because I have to add the extra enforcing=0, when things should just work.

Best Regards,

Antonio

Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Joe Zeff