Old 05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Mark Haney

Default Weird mouse behaviour after update

I don't really know what is going on, and I'm not entirely sure the
problem is strictly a Fedora problem or not, but since the last update
my mice (mouses? meese?) have lost their minds. Sometimes a single acts
like a doubleclick, sometimes it doesn't accept the click at all.
Highlighting is sporadic at best, and getting window focus with the
mouse is very much hit or miss.

Is anyone else encountering this type of problem? I will say that it
appears my Kubuntu box at home seems to exhibit the same problem, but I
only used it a few minutes last night so I can't say for certain. I've
tried other mice with this machine and it makes no difference on how it
acts.

FWIW, all my systems are KDE. I know there was just a KDE update and
while it could be a KDE issue, I am trying to narrow down the cause.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant

Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Mark Haney

Have you tried with other DE? Maybe Gnome or XFCE?

FWIW, all my systems are KDE. I know there was just a KDE update and
while it could be a KDE issue, I am trying to narrow down the cause.

As I mentioned in the OP, all my systems are KDE. So, no, I haven't
tried any other WM. I haven't really got the time to install and test
another WM, which is part of the reason I threw it out on the list. To
see if maybe someone else had seen the problem and if they too were
running KDE or not.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Mark Haney