Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
"antonio.montagnani@alice.it"

Default Recovery of Evolution mails and settings

I made a full copy of a F16 users directory.

I made a fresh installation of
F17...now I want to transfer settings and mail to the new computer.

I copied .
config/evolution and .local/share/evolution.

It still starts asking for setup
of a new account.

Where is my mistake???

Antonio Montagnani

Fedora 16 Verne (Linux)
Delivered by Alice webmail

Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Joe Zeff

Probably your only mistake was forgetting that firstboot always wants
you to set up your first user account.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 09:20 +0200, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> I made a full copy of a F16 users directory.
>
> I made a fresh installation of
> F17...now I want to transfer settings and mail to the new computer.
>
> I copied .
> config/evolution and .local/share/evolution.
>
> It still starts asking for setup
> of a new account.
>
> Where is my mistake???
>

> Antonio Montagnani
>
> Fedora 16 Verne (Linux)
> Delivered by Alice webmail

http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.1/data-storage.html.en

You missed the configuration settings in gconf part.
--
Thanks,
Regards,

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 09:20 +0200, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> I made a full copy of a F16 users directory.
>
> I made a fresh installation of
> F17...now I want to transfer settings and mail to the new computer.
>
> I copied .
> config/evolution and .local/share/evolution.
>
> It still starts asking for setup
> of a new account.
>
> Where is my mistake???
>

> Antonio Montagnani
>
> Fedora 16 Verne (Linux)
> Delivered by Alice webmail

On a related note: you can just make a separate /home partition and
mount it with every fedora release reinstall. I've been doing this for
ages.