Old 05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
William Case

Default lost gnote dilemma / curiosity !?

Hi;

I have lost one gnote. I was opening a six month old note, gnote
crashed and I lost that note -- only that one note. It had some data on
it that is important to me. I have a couple of different ways I have
backed up gnote files so ultimately I an not concerned. But here is my
question.

Since it is only one note, I thought that perhaps I could just find a
way to point the gnote application at an older file (an rsynced copy)
find my one note copy and paste it into my current gnote file and be
done. No, no, no. It turns out not to be that easy. Does anybody have
any suggestions? Can I use my currently running application or open a
second one from the command line (?). How would I target one of my
backup files?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 16, Gnome 3.2.1