Old 05-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Jorge Fábregas

Default ucView and avidemux

On 05/04/2012 10:13 AM, François Patte wrote:
> I can read this file with vlc, but I cannot load the file in avidemux to
> make transformations: the image is partly a green screen and the other
> part is not good at all...

Hi,

Remember that an AVI file is just a file container (It tells you nothing
about what's inside of it). The video portion of your file might be
encoded in a format unsupported by Avidemux.

In order to find out the properties of a multimedia file I generally use
a command-line utility called "mediainfo" (highly recommended) but you
can also use Avidemux to find out the details of the file:

When you load the file in Avidemux, go to File and then Properties.
There you can see the exact video & audio format for that file (it's the
first line that says Codec for each video & audio sections). Knowing
that then you can search whether in fact Avidemux will support that
directly or thru a shared library.

HTH,
Jorge

Old 05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Richard Shaw

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM, François Patte
<francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I have both ucView and avidemux installed. I can record images with a
> webcam and ucView. I get an .avi file.
>
> I can read this file with vlc, but I cannot load the file in avidemux to
> make transformations: the image is partly a green screen and the other
> part is not good at all...
>
> Are there some codec to download in order to load the file correctly
> with avidemux?

Since Avidemux is provided by RPM Fusion and not Fedora it is
recommend you move your question their mailing list.

As the maintainer for Avidemux at RPM Fusion I would recommend you
also ask upstream. I have never seen this issue and as Avidemux
bundles most of it's libraries (other than the ones I've managed to
make use system libraries), they may already know about this problem
and be able to provides solutions or work arounds.

Thanks,
Richard