Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default Strange: Adobe Reader messages in Chinese or Japanese?

I'm running Adobe Reader 8 under Fedora-16,
and recently many of the messages from the Reader
appear in either Chinese or Japanese, I don't know which.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?
And if so, how one can stop it?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Ed Greshko

On 05/03/2012 08:57 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Adobe Reader 8 under Fedora-16,
> and recently many of the messages from the Reader
> appear in either Chinese or Japanese, I don't know which.
>
> I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?
> And if so, how one can stop it?

Well, I'm using Adobe Reader on F16....but version 9.5.1. I am not seeing the issue
you've described. Have you considered upgrading the the latest version?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage

Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Timothy Murphy

Ed Greshko wrote:

>> I'm running Adobe Reader 8 under Fedora-16,
>> and recently many of the messages from the Reader
>> appear in either Chinese or Japanese, I don't know which.
>>
>> I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?
>> And if so, how one can stop it?
>>

> Well, I'm using Adobe Reader on F16....but version 9.5.1. I am not seeing
> the issue
> you've described. Have you considered upgrading the the latest version?

Thanks for your response.
I do actually have the latest version available
in the standard adobe repository under Fedora-16, I think.
But I'll follow your suggestion if the problem persists.