Old 05-03-2012, 02:47 AM

Default What is removing files from /tmp?

I'm running F15. Files are mysteriously being removed from /tmp after a
number of days of not being touched. I am familiar with
/etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch and, in fact, modify it to inhibit removal of
files from /tmp. In the past this has worked. Under F15 it has not.

Two or three weeks ago I deleted it from /etc/cron.daily but older files
_still_ get removed from /tmp. I've rebooted at least once. I'm not
sure if it happens at bootup or while the system is running, but
something is still removing files from /tmp.

Does anyone know of another mechanism for this?

Thanks.
Dean

Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Joe Zeff