Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Joe Zeff

Default Fedora 18 release name

On 05/02/2012 06:12 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

Just like the American Political System, we have no voice and no vote , the "Ruling Elite" are the ones that chose names and vote, us the users are the ones that have to end up with whatever others choose if we are not part of the "Ruling Elite" Is there an electoral college in the Fedora voting? Because if there is, the majority does not get to choose the name

IMAO, this is all just a tempest in a teapot because people never[1]
refer to Fedora versions by their code names, only by the release number.

[1]Well, *hardly* ever!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Antonio Olivares

> I think Chris was talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach%E2%
> 80%93Tarski_paradox as applied to spherical cows.
>
> poc
>
> --

Dear sir,

I did not know about this Thank you for explaining/referring me to this. I had heard about Banach spaces in college and just heard of Tarski as a mathematician during a history of Mathematics class. My professor in college knew many great mathematicians in person and he was in a picture with them when he was young. Hilbert, Polya, Fejer, ..., were some of the mathematicans in the picture.

Spherical Cows, would other animals want to get in Fedora naming schemes for next versions of Fedora?

Regards,

Antonio

Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Fernando Cassia