Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Navdeep Singh Sidhu

Default Need Help regarding packaging & Deployment of Java Application For Linux !!!!

Hello everybody,

I need some suggestions & help for my project. I am making an application more as Download Manager in JAVA for Linux. But i am not so expert in Linux so i need to know following things:
1. how can i install this application in Linux ?

2. how to add in startup programs ?
3. Which is best* to create installer script(.sh) or .deb/.rpm file for JAVA application?
4. How to create Launcher for Java Application in Linux?

My project is about to complete. So if any body have answers regarding my question please reply asap.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Regards

Navdeep Singh.