Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 AM
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

Default No subtitle on VLC or SMplayer

Hello,

All on a sudden, I can't see any subtitle on smplayer or VLC .
Sometimes embedded subs work under dragon player but that's it.

How to fix this? I've tried every way I know. And yes, I'm

Thanks

--

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

Core Developer Intern, Diaspora

Twitter - @Nirjhor

Old 04-30-2012, 10:53 AM
suvayu ali

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 06:03, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
<zombiegenerator@aol.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All on a sudden, I can't see any subtitle on smplayer or VLC . Sometimes
> embedded subs work under dragon player but that's it.
>
> How to fix this? I've tried every way I know. And yes, I'm loading/locating
> the subs (.srt) every time.

Have you looked in ~/.xsession-errors for any relevant errors?

--
Suvayu

Old 04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 06:03, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
All on a sudden, I can't see any subtitle on smplayer or VLC . Sometimes
embedded subs work under dragon player but that's it.

How to fix this? I've tried every way I know. And yes, I'm loading/locating
the subs (.srt) every time.

Have you looked in ~/.xsession-errors for any relevant errors?

It's somewhat 19k lines long. I can't read all that

Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM
suvayu ali

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 13:07, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
<zombiegenerator@aol.com> wrote:
> It's somewhat 19k lines long. I can't read all that

Just look at the end or grep for vlc and look at lines around it. If
you are not willing to look at error logs, how do you expect to
resolve your issue?

--
Suvayu

Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Alchemist

2012/4/30 Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor <zombiegenerator@aol.com>:
> On 04/30/2012 04:53 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 06:03, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> <zombiegenerator@aol.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> All on a sudden, I can't see any subtitle on smplayer or VLC . Sometimes
> embedded subs work under dragon player but that's it.
>
> How to fix this? I've tried every way I know. And yes, I'm loading/locating
> the subs (.srt) every time.
>
> Have you looked in ~/.xsession-errors for any relevant errors?
>
> It's somewhat 19k lines long. I can't read all that
>
> --
> Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> Core Developer Intern, Diaspora
> Twitter - @Nirjhor