-   -   How do I turn off graphical boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/660843-how-do-i-turn-off-graphical-boot.html)

Fedora User 04-29-2012 05:06 AM

How do I turn off graphical boot

F16. Anyone?

suvayu ali 04-29-2012 12:16 PM

How do I turn off graphical boot

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 07:06, Fedora User <fedoradch@gmail.com> wrote:
> F16. Anyone?

remove the rhgb from the kernel command line.

--
Suvayu

Fedora User 04-30-2012 04:03 AM

How do I turn off graphical boot

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:16:36 +0200
suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 07:06, Fedora User <fedoradch@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > F16. Anyone?
>
> remove the rhgb from the kernel command line.

That was my first thought. The problem is that grub.cfg is produced by
a template via grub2-mkconfig. And, of course, there is no manual page
for grub2-mkconfig.

Not to go off on a rant but grub worked perfectly. There is no value
added with grub2 - just complexity. It's programming for the sake of
programming.

And just WHY would any Linux user NOT want to see what is happening
when the system boots? More programming and complexity that adds
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

"Michael D. Setzer II" 04-30-2012 04:14 AM

How do I turn off graphical boot

Send reply to: Community support for Fedora users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:16:36 +0200
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 07:06, Fedora User <fedoradch@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > F16. Anyone?
> >
> > remove the rhgb from the kernel command line.

You need to modify the /etc/default/grub

I believe that contains the default command line used by the
script.

> That was my first thought. The problem is that grub.cfg is produced by
> a template via grub2-mkconfig. And, of course, there is no manual page
> for grub2-mkconfig.
>
> Not to go off on a rant but grub worked perfectly. There is no value
> added with grub2 - just complexity. It's programming for the sake of
> programming.
>
> And just WHY would any Linux user NOT want to see what is happening
> when the system boots? More programming and complexity that adds
> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
Guam Community College Computer Center
mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
Guam - Where America's Day Begins
G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 12163926.442547 | EINSTEIN 7771226.629852
ROSETTA 4486285.960848 | ABC 12629817.195420

Frank Murphy 04-30-2012 07:32 AM

How do I turn off graphical boot