Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Frantisek Hanzlik

Default Make ctrl-alt-del invoke gnome-system-monitor instead of gnome logout ?

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> How is one supposed to configure keystrokes so Ctrl-Alt-Del invokes
> "gnome-system-monitor -p" (process view) instead of the current
> behaviour of the logout screen?
>
> Thanks
> FC

"Settings Editor" (/usr/bin/xfce4-settings-editor) in XFCE is able
set desired action. Maybe Gnome3 has some other tool, but I'm
not using it, as I was switched to Xfce from Gnome2.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Fernando Cassia

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 04:36, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is one supposed to configure keystrokes so Ctrl-Alt-Del invokes
> "gnome-system-monitor -p" (process view) instead of the current
> behaviour of the logout screen?
>
> Thanks

Answering myself. It' s quite easy, actually....

From the Gnome 3.x Applications list enter "Shortcut" on the search
box, the list will get narrowed to just the Keyboard properties.
Launch it.

Go to Shortcuts->System, then scroll down to "Log Out"
You will see it assigned to "Ctrl-Alt-Delete". Click on it, the value
will change from "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to "New accelerator"
Now press the desired hotkey to assign for the logout screen
(I choose [Ctrl] + [-] on the keypad, which feels natural as the
keypad minus also has "Z z z z" printed as secondary function.

From that point on C-A-D will no longer invoke Logout. Now time to
create a new hotkey for the desired behaviour of C-A-D.

On the same app, on the left panel, select "Custom Shortcuts" and
press the + button.

Now fill the new entry with:

Name: Process Manager
Command: /usr/bin/gnome-system-monitor -p

Press Apply.

Done!
FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell