Old 04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
jonetsu

Default starting konsoles in specific locations

Hello,

Is it possible at all to start several konsole terminals, each in a
specific location, by means of a script ? I used to do that with
another type of terminal app years ago. I quickly did a search about
konsole and it seems that it does not support standard X parameters
like '-geometry'. is there any way to start konsoles in a specific
size at a specific location (and optionally using a specific name) ?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 AM
Ed Greshko

On 04/28/2012 08:13 AM, jonetsu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible at all to start several konsole terminals, each in a
> specific location, by means of a script ? I used to do that with
> another type of terminal app years ago. I quickly did a search about
> konsole and it seems that it does not support standard X parameters
> like '-geometry'. is there any way to start konsoles in a specific
> size at a specific location (and optionally using a specific name) ?
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=84343

Suggests a couple of "workarounds".

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage