Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default Syncing with MTP devices

F16 fully updated.

I've been trying to sync music with my Galaxy Nexus, connected by USB
cable. Fedora recognizes the device, but none of the apps I've tried
will sync to it. So far I've tried:

Amarok: on copying an album, at most a random 2 or 3 tracks succeed,
then the UI freezes for a long time.

Rhythmbox: copying even one track gets an error popup about not being
able to determine free space.

Banshee: can't see the device

Mtpfs (a FUSE filesystem for MTP): can see the phone's file structure
but won't copy anything to it. No errors, just doesn't do anything.

Ironically, one of my reasons for moving from iPhone to Android was the
hope of better Linux support ...

poc

Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Tom Horsley

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:07:41 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Ironically, one of my reasons for moving from iPhone to Android was the
> hope of better Linux support ...

Personally, I use wi-fi and rsync with my android. There is an
rsyn app available for android.