Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
jdow

Default "No driver found" when installing F14 to a 2TB drive using netinstall

On 2012/04/27 14:27, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 27.04.2012 23:18, schrieb jdow:

On 2012/04/27 13:57, Reindl Harald wrote:

the core-system is exactly the same, systemd is no rocket science
making no upgrade and run a KNOWN vulnerable system because
fear you could make a mistake with the new one is the wrong way

you are still making the mistake by install a vulnerable system

and yes, i am a little bit sensible since many of the attacks
in the last months and especially last days coming from poorly
maintained machines all over the wolrd and nobdy pays me my lifetime
wasting with such issues caused by others

Now that you've had your rant, he is talking an embedded system. Remember
that when you contemplate the following. Suppose for a moment that this
is a theatrical lighting console application. (I know of at least one that
runs Linux underneath.) It won't be connected to the Internet, at least
not directly.

that still does not explain why not using a distribution which offers
secruity updates for ten years like CentOS6 which is based on fedora
AND even offers GNOME2 - sorry there is simply no reason using fedora
14 as abse for anything in this world

i saw so many people failing by "security is not relvent here and there"

what are you doing with F14 on new hardware when you get no kernel updates?
CentOS get's kernel updates with recent hardware drivers
only this should explain why choosing a EOL F14 for embedded is stupid

For a lightboard with everything embedded and large portions on fixed storage
you don't want or have facilities for updates. You want stability. You have
your head stuck on update rather than stability. Or are you telling me that
Linux is basically not a secure operating system and desperately needs daily
update capability in order to survive? What OS would you suggest they use for
an embedded system?

Bring some flexibility to your thinking. And do give other people some credit
for having IQs above that of field mouse. It would help your image.

{o.o}