-   -   "No driver found" when installing F14 to a 2TB drive using netinstall (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/660514-no-driver-found-when-installing-f14-2tb-drive-using-netinstall.html)

Reindl Harald 04-27-2012 09:14 PM

Am 27.04.2012 23:06, schrieb Mike Wright:
> On 04/27/2012 01:57 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Starting to sound like a smart choice.

>>> Please do chill out, Reindl. I'm about as paranoid as they come and do not take security mindlessly. Using a
>>> system with which I am unfamiliar and whose new control systems baffle me would seem to make me a major candidate
>>> as a target by those more familiar with it than I.
>>
>> the core-system is exactly the same, systemd is no rocket science
>
> Says who, Werner von Braun?
> I've been trying to get vnc geometry working within the systemctl methodology for two days. LOL
> Signed, not a rocket scientist. as always, thank you.

and why are you not simply copy the vnc@.service to /etc/systemd/systemd/vnc.service and
change it to a simply "ExecStart" with your needed params like i did with openvpn months
ago which has the same "syndrome" with openvpn@?

you have even much more options as with sysv-init-scripts which are permanently
overwritten and much more complex - how would you do things like below
with sysvinit ina clean way?
_________________

cat /etc/systemd/system/openvpn.service
[Unit]
Description=OpenVPN
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking

ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/openvpn --mktun --dev tap0
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig tap0 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/brctl addbr br0
ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/brctl addif br0 eth1 tap0
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig br0 ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast ****** up
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon --cd /etc/openvpn/ --config openvpn.conf
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -p
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -w net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=0
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -w net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables=0
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/route add -net ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 gw ****** dev eth0

ExecStopPost=/sbin/ifconfig br0 down
ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/brctl delbr br0
ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/openvpn --rmtun --dev tap0
ExecStopPost=/sbin/ifconfig eth1 ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast ****** up

Restart=always
RestartSec=1

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Reindl Harald 04-27-2012 09:17 PM

Am 27.04.2012 23:09, schrieb jdow:
> OK. How far down?
>
> {O.o} You are getting silly, ya know.
>
> On 2012/04/27 13:54, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> damned do not top-post if all other answers are on bottom
>> fixed -> scroll down please

no, silly are people who are unable to use a mailprogram and
unable to understand that a thread where replies are ordered
randomly top and bottom the posting before are unreadable

Reindl Harald 04-27-2012 09:27 PM

Am 27.04.2012 23:18, schrieb jdow:
> On 2012/04/27 13:57, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> the core-system is exactly the same, systemd is no rocket science
>> making no upgrade and run a KNOWN vulnerable system because
>> fear you could make a mistake with the new one is the wrong way
>>
>> you are still making the mistake by install a vulnerable system
>>
>> and yes, i am a little bit sensible since many of the attacks
>> in the last months and especially last days coming from poorly
>> maintained machines all over the wolrd and nobdy pays me my lifetime
>> wasting with such issues caused by others
>
> Now that you've had your rant, he is talking an embedded system. Remember
> that when you contemplate the following. Suppose for a moment that this
> is a theatrical lighting console application. (I know of at least one that
> runs Linux underneath.) It won't be connected to the Internet, at least
> not directly.

that still does not explain why not using a distribution which offers
secruity updates for ten years like CentOS6 which is based on fedora
AND even offers GNOME2 - sorry there is simply no reason using fedora
14 as abse for anything in this world

i saw so many people failing by "security is not relvent here and there"

what are you doing with F14 on new hardware when you get no kernel updates?
CentOS get's kernel updates with recent hardware drivers
only this should explain why choosing a EOL F14 for embedded is stupid