Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
gary artim

Default yum borked, cant find mirrors

Anyone know how to fix this problem. seem to happen on every fc16
system that I do yum clean all on. much thanks!

[root@genepi1 gartim]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, verify
Cleaning repos: fedora updates
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
No delta-package files removed by presto
[root@genepi1 gartim]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, verify
Determining fastest mirrors
fedora/metalink

| 265 B 00:00
Could not parse metalink
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-16&arch=x86_64
error was
No repomd file
Error: File /var/cache/yum/fedora/metalink.xml does not exist

Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Chris Adams

Once upon a time, gary artim <gartim@gmail.com> said:
> Anyone know how to fix this problem. seem to happen on every fc16
> system that I do yum clean all on. much thanks!

There's a problem with the mirrormanager system right now; the admins
are working on it.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
gary artim

thanks! can you email when fixed...g.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Chris Adams

Once upon a time, gary artim <gartim@gmail.com> said:
> thanks! can you email when fixed...g.

Looks like mirrormanager is back now (at least for me).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 04-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:05:39 -0500
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, gary artim <gartim@gmail.com> said:
> > thanks! can you email when fixed...g.
>
> Looks like mirrormanager is back now (at least for me).

Everything should be back to normal now.

Please file an infrastructure ticket if you see anything causing
problems now.

kevin