Old 04-07-2008, 04:25 PM
"max bianco"

Default OT: Programming in C

I want to learn C and I know there are quite a few programmers on this
list. I am looking for a couple of good books on learning C. I am not
exactly a beginner but I am no expert and i would like to start going
over everything from scratch. So if I could get some referrals to a
couple of books I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for a good
thorough beginners guide to C and also something for the intermediate
programmer as I expect to get through the former in fairly short
order. I ultimately will be directing my efforts at kernel hacking. As
always , any advice and or opinion is gratefully received.

Max

Old 04-07-2008, 04:26 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, max bianco wrote:

> I want to learn C and I know there are quite a few programmers on this
> list. I am looking for a couple of good books on learning C. I am not
> exactly a beginner but I am no expert and i would like to start going
> over everything from scratch. So if I could get some referrals to a
> couple of books I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for a good
> thorough beginners guide to C and also something for the intermediate
> programmer as I expect to get through the former in fairly short
> order. I ultimately will be directing my efforts at kernel hacking.

get "harbison & steele" and start reading the kernel source.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Have classroom, will lecture.

http://crashcourse.ca Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA