Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Bart van Kuik

Default Laptop HP Compaq 6710b suspend problem

Hi,

I'm using a Laptop HP Compaq 6710b running Fedora 8 with kernel
2.6.24.4-64.fc8.

When I suspend the laptop, and press the power button to revive it, the
screen backlight stays turned off. I.e. I can see that something is on
the screen but it's very dark.

I've tried uncommenting the lines in /etc/acpi/events/video.conf:
event=video.*

action=/usr/sbin/vbetool dpms on
but this didn't help.

I've got a workaround: when I press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to go to a virtual
console and then use Alt-LeftArrow to go to X again, the screen returns
to its normal status.

Any idea how I can get this automatically working?

Thanks,
Bart