Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Default xxxterm for fedora

Hi,

I have been using this browser for a while and I wonder whether the ISC
license (something I had never heard of before) is something that
allows for it to be packaged for fedora.

Here is the license: https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/Main_Page

And the software page is here:

https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/xxxterm

From what I read there, the software will change its name to xombrero
from the next release (or something like that).

I was able to compile the git version without any trouble.

Best wishes,
Ranjan

Old 03-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Frank Cox

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:09:06 -0500
Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> I have been using this browser for a while and I wonder whether the ISC
> license (something I had never heard of before) is something that
> allows for it to be packaged for fedora.
>
> Here is the license: https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/Main_Page

They are using an old version of the ISC license that wasn't accepted by the
Free Software Foundation. The current ISC license is equivalent to the
simplified BSD license, but it requires the first sentence to read "and/or
distribute this software" and not just "and distribute this software". The
license text on the webpage you provided is the pre-2007 version of the ISC
license.

Perhaps you could persuade them to change it to the current version.