Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

Default Sound Problem with USB Headphone

Hello,

I'm running 64 bit Fedora 16 (All up to date) and gstreamer backend.
Now the problem is:

I was having no issues with sound whatsoever. But few days back I
plugged in an USB headphone. That thing got proper sound and all but
now I can't hear anything with it plugged in.

I tried changing the order of the sound card (Internal,
Manhattan,USB Audio)* & looked into ALSA Mixer. But I just can't
hear anything.

And is there anyway to playback via XINE rather than gstreamer? I'm
running KDE here.

--

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

Core Developer Intern, Diaspora

Twitter - @Nirjhor

Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Richard Shaw

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
<zombiegenerator@aol.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running 64 bit Fedora 16 (All up to date) and gstreamer backend. Now the
> problem is:
>
> I was having no issues with sound whatsoever. But few days back I plugged in
> an USB headphone. That thing got proper sound and all but now I can't hear
> anything with it plugged in.
>
> I tried changing the order of the sound card (Internal, Manhattan,USB
> Audio)* & looked into ALSA Mixer. But I just can't hear anything.

Unless you disabled it you should be using PulseAudio. Look in the
PulseAudio settings where you can change your recording and playback
devices and set them appropriately.

Richard

Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
I'm running 64 bit Fedora 16 (All up to date) and gstreamer backend. Now the
problem is:

I was having no issues with sound whatsoever. But few days back I plugged in
an USB headphone. That thing got proper sound and all but now I can't hear
anything with it plugged in.

I tried changing the order of the sound card (Internal, Manhattan,USB
Audio)* & looked into ALSA Mixer. But I just can't hear anything.

Unless you disabled it you should be using PulseAudio. Look in the
PulseAudio settings where you can change your recording and playback
devices and set them appropriately.

Richard

That solved it :-) Thanks