Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Paul Allen Newell

Default floppy

On 3/28/2012 5:24 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:

On 03/29/2012 02:04 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:

On 3/28/2012 4:18 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:

On 03/28/2012 04:07 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:

No idea if it makes any difference but I always did:

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

Yes, that's right. Checking the man page, that's the right way to
format the command. And, of course, /mnt/floppy must already exist.

My memory is that on either F13 or F14, I was unable to get my floppys
to be recognized no matter what I did and there were some existing bugs
out on such. I never saw a resolution posted and have assumed that "it
ain't going to happen"

In that case maybe you can try a CentOS 6 Live CD/DVD and see if it
can read the floppy. Maybe parts of it are old enough to still
appreciate that floppy.

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick:

Thanks for the suggestion. My solution was get all material on floppys
onto CD/DVD and put the floppy drive in the same closet as the 8-track
tape player (smile)

Paul

Old 03-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Michael Hennebry

My memory is that on either F13 or F14, I was unable to get my floppys
to be recognized no matter what I did and there were some existing bugs
out on such. I never saw a resolution posted and have assumed that "it
ain't going to happen"

From FC3 to F14 my floppies were mounted automatically.
There was a while with F14 that they would not mount.
Don't know why.
With F15, I had to
[root@localhost dev]# modprobe floppy
to mount a floppy and I had to do it by hand.

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
whom I teach not to run with scissors,