Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
les

Default Processor time consumption

Hi, everyone,
My latest boondoggle is a multiple one. I loaded tracker to fool with
it a bit, and now it is always on, I looked up the man pages and
checked the commands, so I know I can turn off the various processes
using tracker-control -t. But how do I keep it from starting? I used
to know how to edit some of the startup configuration, but now I find
that what I remember is wayyyyyy out of date.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

With that out of the way, and the tracker processes stopped, I have
three remaining problems...
1. I have a spreadsheet I want to use to create charts for a book I am
writting, so I run the spreadsheet in libre office.
2. I then open the book in libre office. Now soffice.bin is consuming
99+ percent of the processor time and everything grinds to a stop.
3. I open evolution, retrieve my mail, everything is normal. I begin
to edit a messge adn about 3 lines in, it grinds to a halt, soffice is
not running. After about 30 seconds it resumes working.

Since I would suppose that most of you use Libre office, and this is
not likely happening as I see no comments to that effect, I suspect that
the problem is mine alone. This makes me think configuration or other
error. But I already have lots of errors from various processes, but
none from soffice that I can tell. These errors do not appear to effect
about 30 other applications I run, and while I know that this doesn't
mean they won't affect soffice, I think that is unlikely, so my guess is
that there is some issue in the soffice configuration, or that I am
missing some file or link. Any thoughts?

The evolution problem could be related to some of the errors, dealing
with dbus, and I am working on tracking those down. Any pointers
appreciated. (I arrived at this due to timestamp relationships.)

Regards,
Les H

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Joe Zeff