Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
max

Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

Ric Moore wrote:

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:

I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
any of them will do anything useful.

True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric

I sure wouldn't mind if they were using open-source and all other things
being equal i'd choose a candidate that supported open standards but at
this point I'd not make it a requirement.

Max

Old 04-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Bill Davidsen

Ric Moore wrote:

I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
any of them will do anything useful.

True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric

Hell with mindset, I'd settle for a working *mind*... as one of the
online cartoons noted, it's a thrill to have a candidate who can speak
in complete sentences.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 04-08-2008, 12:47 AM
max

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 20:04 -0400, max bianco wrote:

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 14:54 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM, <rlengland@verizon.net> wrote:
> > >From: max bianco <maximilianbianco@gmail.com>
> > >Date: 2008/04/07 Mon PM 12:48:46 CDT
> > >To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@redhat.com>
> > >Subject: Re: OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

> > >Actually if they were all mute I think we might be better off. I am
> > >tired of hearing why I shouldn't vote for the other guy, how about
> > >someone gives me a reason to vote for them without slamming the
> > >competition! Now that would be something!!
> > >
> > >Max
> > >

> > Are you hearing this in the context of a presentation by the candidate first hand or as a >sound-byte presented by the news media or the oppositions organization?
> >
> The candidates hide behind their campaigns so often they won't say it
> themselves but the campaign spokesman or an aide will say it. To me
> its all the same, it is the candidates campaign so saying that it
> wasn't Obama or Clinton or McCain that actually said it doesn't matter
> to me because they should be controlling who says what and when, if
> they cannot control the people that work for them now what makes you
> think they will have any control when one of them makes it to the
> white house.
>
> > The two candidates I've heard, spent very little time, tearing down their opposition (though >I admit it was there) than they did attempting to present their vision and goals (but not so >much the plan, when I heard them).
> >

> They are all full of grandiose visions and ideas but who's going to
> pay for it all? That's the real key! It's nice to talk about new
> programs and healthcare reforms etc....but where is the money coming
> from?
>
> > I am suspicious of the media, these days (especially TV) because they are controlled by >business interests who want them to sell air time and nothing draws listeners like >controversy (or so they think).
>
> The media doesn't help matters that's for sure.

Can we *please* stop this? At least the endless reminiscing on the punch
cards thread might be tangentially interesting to members of this list,
if you close one eye and squint a bit, but rabbiting on about the US
elections is so OT it's not funny, especially to those of us -- more
than a few I suspect -- who are not from the US.

Come on man it hasn't even gotten interesting yet!!
ok ok, but for the record I think its very funny, yeah yeah
aggravating too but that's no reason to take offense.

No offense taken. I follow politics fairly closely via various online
sites so it's not that I'm disinterested. I just don't want to read
about on a technical list.

poc

I hear ya. What about my idea? Keeping all OT in one long unbroken
thread? I wonder how long we could keep it going....how many changes of
subject....

Max

Max